Brighton Buddhist Centre takes the issue of your privacy seriously.
Subhadassi, Chair of Charity Trustees
Brighton Buddhist Centre,
17 Tichborne Street
tel: 01273 772090
If we can’t answer your call do leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Information collection and use
- www.brightonbuddhistcentre.co.uk collects information you provide such as name, contact details and email address for which you gave your consent when you signed up to receive emails from us.
- You are not required to provide this information except when booking a course, workshop or making any other online purchase. We use your contact details so that we can contact you in case of issues with changes to classes, payment and similar circumstances and to send you our newsletter.
- We use your banking details to process donations you have made us and to send you a receipt for such donations. We also use your personal data to claim Gift Aid, if applicable.
- www.brightonbuddhistcentre.co.uk also collects information about your use of our website including IP address, how much time you spend on the site and what you like to view, from both registered users and general visitors to the site. This data is used solely to manage the website, track usage and improve our website services. This information does not identify the user personally and may be shared with third-parties to provide more relevant services, for example with google analytics.
- We keep your data until you inform us that you no longer wish to receive news from us.
Email opt in/opt out
We may use your email address to send periodic email newsletters regarding our classes, offers and events.
However, we will only do so if you have given us your permission.
If you change your mind at a later date simply click on the word ‘Unsubscribe’ on the email newsletter.
www.brightonbuddhistcentre.co.uk contains links to other Triratna websites which you may find useful or of interest.
We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices on other sites.
Correcting, updating or removing personal information
Anybody attending events at the Brighton Buddhist Centre may modify or remove any of their personal information at any time by contacting the centre directly using the contact details shown above. You can also request that we give you a copy of the data we hold on you in a machine-readable format.
Sharing and disclosure of information we collect
We will never sell or trade your personal data or disclose your personal information to any third party unless we believe that disclosure is necessary:
- To conform to legal requirements
- To protect our rights
- To protect the safety of members of the public or those attending the Buddhist Centre
- The dharmachakra servers that hosts all EU Triratna websites are located in the UK. All non-EU dharmachakra websites are located on a server in the US; and the Google cloud account has legally adequate Safe Harbour provisions in relation to EU data laws.
We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information.
Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
However, you may need to enable cookies from www.brightonbuddhistcentre.co.uk in order to use some functions on the site.
© 2018 Brighton Buddhist Centre
All rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means including but not restricted to, electronic, mechanical, printed or recorded without the express prior permission of the copyright owner.