Date and Time:
10-week in-person course starting Thu, 22nd Sep, 2022
9:45 am - 12:00 pm
This is an in-person course
led by Akasati Annie McAuley and Karuna Hridaya (Dr Carolyn Drake): open to people who have completed an 8-week mindfulness course and/or have an established meditation practice.
About the course leaders
Annie Akasati and Carolyn (Karuna Hridaya) are co-founders of Love Mindfulness and members of the Triratna Buddhist Order. Both experienced teachers, they have drawn on their many years of personal mindfulness and meditation practice in developing this exciting new course. MBWA also draws on Carolyn’s background in neuroscience, including contemporary methods for developing wisdom that are congruent with mindfulness theory and practice.
Chichester University Psychology Department are currently preparing a research study to evaluate the MBWA course.
Why cultivate wise awareness?
The benefits can be found in improving our capacity to take a wider perspective, understanding our views and emotional responses to events and how this can help us as we navigate everyday challenges. Training in wisdom helps us to self-reflect more effectively on any situation; make better decisions and to be better equipped to manage change and uncertainty.
What can I expect from a wise awareness course?
- This course is a further development from the Mindfulness Courses and complements the Mindfulness-based Compassionate Living Course (MBCL).
- It draws on both the Buddhist roots of mindfulness and contemporary science for practical ways of working effectively with the challenges and flux of life.
- Sessions include opportunities for reflection and discussion, drawing on the wisdom already present within the group.
- The course is conducted in a friendly and open atmosphere to encourage sharing and relationship building.
- You will learn to use meditation and practices designed to develop greater awareness and confidence.
- There will be encouragement and support to maintain a home practice for the duration of the course.
Comments from our course participants:
“overreached my expectations”
“a journey of real discovery…a mind-expanding and connecting experience that will stay with me for a long time”
“Interesting, inspiring, introduced me to new practices. The enthusiasm of you both as leaders was really special and infectious.”
“It was very useful and enjoyable. It gave me new tools to improve my life and mental well-being.”
You can book this course on-line using a credit or debit card or through your PayPal account. Once you click the "pay now" button you will be transferred to PayPal to make your payment.
If you have any questions find out more about bookings and concessions . Due to the reduced office staffing during the pandemic we are currently only taking bookings by PayPal, if this causes problems please email firstname.lastname@example.org