Date(s) - 10-week course starting Thu, 3rd Feb, 2022 - Thu, 7th Apr, 2022
9:45 am - 12:00 pm
A 10-week course led by Akasati Annie McAuley and Karuna Hridaya (Dr Carolyn Drake): open to people who have completed an 8-week mindfulness course and/or have an established meditation practice.
£160/120 concessions: includes a course handbook and guided audio meditations.
This is a brand new secular mindfulness-based course focusing on the qualities and cultivation of wise awareness. Trainers Akasati Annie and Karuna Hridaya (Dr Carolyn Drake) have drawn on their many years of mindfulness practice and teaching, as well as Karuna’s background in neuroscience in developing this exciting new course. See here for more about the course creators/teachers.
Why train in wise awareness?
Recent research is showing how wisdom can be used in practical ways in our daily lives, as well as opening deeper understanding on a more existential level.
The benefits can be found in improving our capacity to take a wider perspective, understanding our views and emotional responses to events and how this can help us as we navigate everyday challenges. Training in wisdom helps us to self-reflect more effectively and learn from our life experience; make better decisions and to be better equipped to manage change and uncertainty.
What can I expect from a wise awareness course?
- The Wise Awareness Course is a further development from Mindfulness Courses such as MBCT and complements the Compassion Course (MBCL).
- The course draws on a range of rich resources including the Buddhist roots of mindfulness and other ancient teachings as well as the new field of wisdom science. It has been developed by Annie Akasati and Karuna Hridaya together.
- You will discover how the emerging science of wisdom is opening up new ways of working effectively with the challenges and flux of life.
- You will learn to use meditation and practices designed to develop greater awareness, clarity and confidence.
- There will be encouragement and support to maintain a home practice for the duration of the course.
- Sessions are conducted in a friendly and open atmosphere to encourage sharing and relationship building.
You can book this course on-line using a credit or debit card or through your PayPal account. Once you click the "pay now" button you will be transferred to PayPal to make your payment.
If you have any questions find out more about bookings and concessions . Due to the reduced office staffing during the pandemic we are currently only taking bookings by PayPal, if this causes problems please email email@example.com
Bookings are closed for this event.